Rugged Work Boots for Men in 2021
Contrary to popular belief, work boots don’t have to be used for, well, work. Rather, work boots is just a catch-all term for a pair of boots that are a little bit more sturdy and durable than your standard hiking boots. Of course, the best work boots should also keep you on your feet through an entire day of work, whether that work involves drywall, spreadsheets, or a little bit of both.
The best work boots for men have:
- A thick sole to provide traction on a variety of surfaces
- Waterproofing to protect your feet from the rain and cold
- Strong materials to keep your toes and the soles of your feet protected
- A tough upper (usually made of leather) that actually gets better looking the more you beat it up
- Durable laces that won’t fall apart in your hand
Work boots are a classic footwear staple for men, and if you have yet to invest in a pair, now’s a perfect time. With winter weather still raging and spring rains right around the corner, you’ll get a lot of good use out of them before temperatures really heat up. Plus, as retailers transition to spring style, a lot of work boots are on sale.